Exhibition - Florin

A two-storey house in folk style, originally used for dyeing, situated in the historical centre of Dolný Kubín, built in the 18th century. From the 19th century, it was used only for accommodation. After the fire of Dolný Kubín /1893/ it was acquired by Jozef Kohúth, a prominent historian and monographer of Orava, who lived in it until his death in 1900. Eventually the house became the property of the Herkeľ family.
Between 1953 and 1973 the poet, journalist, diplomat and educator Theo H. Florin lived here.
Since 1997, the house has contained the T.H. Florin Memorial Room, with the original belongings of the poet.
Other areas of the house are used by the Orava Museum of P.O. Hviezdoslav to host temporary exhibitions.


Florinov dom v DK.jpg
Florinov dom v DK (1).jpg
Florinov dom v DK (7).jpg